Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Literary Christmas Challenge 2017

A Literary Christmas 2017 is hosted by In the Bookcase, though I learned about it via The Edge of the Precipice.



It's pretty simple - pick your Christmas reads for 2017, write a blog post about them, and of course link back to In the Bookcase.

For the past two years, I've read three short Christmas stories. No particular reason for three - so no particular reason for two this year.

2015 and 2016 selections

If you obliged me, and clicked the hyperlinks above, you will see that I read Dickens' A Christmas Carol in 2015 and The Cricket on the Hearth in 2016. I'll finish with Dickens' third most famous short - The Chimes this year.

And I'll also read The Night Before Christmas by Nikolai Gogol (alternately titled, Christmas Eve).

Hope you join the challenge, but importantly, I hope you enjoy a very merry and blessed Christmas!

The Wanderer

Live justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with thy God.

.

3 comments:

  1. You can also join us in Dickens in December if you like. http://klasikfanda.blogspot.co.id/2017/11/dickens-in-december-reading-event.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fanda, I'll do that. (seems like cheating a bit though, one Dickens' short story :) )

      Delete
  2. Hi Joseph, welcome to A Literary Christmas challenge. So glad you could join us this year!

    Now, I'm certainly a Dickens fan. But as I think of those Christmas stories you mentioned of his, I've only read one: A Christmas Carol. So one day I really need to read the others like you have! (or as you will be, as the case may be...)

    Enjoy your holiday books. I look forward to hearing more about them.

    Merry reading!

    ReplyDelete